1 pkg of dried yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1/4 c. honey
3 3/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. oil
2 eggs (reserve 1 tbsp. for glaze)
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
1. Pour water into large bowl and sprinkle yeast on top.
2. Allow to stand for 10 min.
3. Add honey and 1 c. flour.
4. Allow to stand for 10 min. more
5. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
6. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for 10 min. adding enough additional flour to keep dough from sticking.
7. Form dough into a ball and place in bowl.
8. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hrs.
9. Form into two loaves.
10. If you like, divide each of these loaves into three pieces. Stretch each of these pieces out like a length of rope, then braid them together. But you don’t have to do this.
11. Place on baking sheet or stone and allow to rise for and additional 30 min.
12. Glaze with 1 tbsp. egg
13. Bake at 350’F for 20-30 min or until browned.